I know the news sounds scary right now. But the coronavirus is a respiratory virus, just like colds and flu, so it still has to enter the body through the eyes, nose, or mouth. And that means there are simple things we can all to do significantly reduce our chance of getting it. Below is my personal action plan.
Part 1: Transmission Prevention
- Do not touch face (especially eyes, nose, or mouth) unless I’ve first washed my hands.
- Sanitize hands and door knob before entering home and office.
- Wash hands frequently—with water and soap for 20 seconds—or use high-alcohol hand sanitizer.
- Always wash/sanitize hands before eating or entering home, after touching any public surface, or before and after touching clients.
- Disinfect office surfaces between clients.
- Move more than 3 feet away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
Part 2: Stress Reduction & Immune Support
- No alcohol
- No caffeine
- No refined sugar
- In bed by 11pm
- Meditate minimum 15 minutes per day
- Eat minimum 3 vegetables per day
- Fit in as much daily walking as I can
The above is just what I’m doing for myself. I know my body well so, for example, I know what a hit it takes when I consume things like sugar and stimulants. I’d love to know what works for your body, or if you have suggestions!