Craniosacral therapy involves a light, listening touch that stimulates your body’s self-healing ability.
My Practice During COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 health crisis, I am now offering only distance sessions, based on craniosacral therapy and somatic verbal skills. These can be done remotely, over video or phone, and have proven as powerful as in-person work—often more so.
What is biodynamic craniosacral therapy?
Biodynamic craniosacral therapy is a gentle form of bodywork that can produce profound healing. This subtle-touch bodywork wakes up the body’s life-force energy to release restrictions and allow healing.
The work is done fully clothed. During a treatment, I will gently hold your body—often on the head, spine, or pelvis—and “listen deeply” with my hands. I am feeling/listening to slow, deep rhythms that move through your core, between cranium and sacrum, as well as through your whole body. These rhythms are created by the body’s energy as it moves through the fluids and breathes the cells.
The body is a living, breathing unit. Restriction in one area affects the health and vitality of the whole.
I am also listening to how the energy and fluids detour around stuck areas. Restrictions and inertia can affect any part or system in your body. For example, they might involve:
- Jamming between bones in the head causing headaches or TMJ pain
- Inflammation in the tissues, as with a slipped disc or sprained ankle
- Emotional pain held in the muscles, causing them to tighten up and ache
- Dysfunction in the gut that is interfering with digestion
- Shock energy held in the nervous system, creating stress and trauma symptoms
In response to my witnessing presence, the body’s health energy wakes up and moves into areas that need healing. Then, as I wait, the body uses that energy to release the restriction itself, from the inside out. I am the catalyst, but the body makes the change.
A (very) brief history
Craniosacral therapy comes from osteopathy, which uses gentle manual adjustments to release restrictions between bones and tissues, allowing more fluid and energy in for healing. As some of the early osteopaths worked, their adjustments became more and more subtle, until they realized that if they just held the body in the right way and listened to its rhythms and energy, the body would adjust itself. Craniosacral therapists work with the body’s deep intelligence, helping the body tap into its own energy and heal itself.
Who can it help?
Does one of these situations sound like you? Craniosacral therapy can help if:
- You are in physical pain. Have a recent injury? Or an old one that never healed right? Deal with neck or back pain, headaches, arthritis, or other chronic pain? Perhaps other treatments haven’t helped or you’ve run out of options with conventional medicine.
- You are stressed out. Insomnia? Fatigue? Nagging headaches? Poor digestion? Anxiety? Teeth grinding? Tense, aching muscles? These are all signs of chronic stress. Craniosacral therapy is deeply calming to the central nervous system. It helps your body rest and reset.
- You are in emotional pain. Emotional pain and trauma don’t just reside in the mind. These unprocessed energies get locked in your body’s tissues. Using craniosacral therapy and verbal skills, I can help your body gently process and release these energies.
- You are run down. You are chronically tired or you catch every virus that makes the rounds. Perhaps you haven’t felt like yourself since a particular incident or period in your life. Your health and resilience need to be supported and rebuilt.
- You want to grow as a person. Do you feel disconnected from parts of yourself? Would you like to reconnect with your body in order to deepen your awareness of self? Grounding your awareness firmly in your body and reconnecting with numb or closed-off parts can lead to profound realizations and healing.
If you have other conditions or needs, feel free to contact me. I am happy to discuss your specific situation and how craniosacral therapy might help you.